Friday, May 8, 2009

Re-birth of Hayek Order!

After reading a few Indian blogs like India Uncut, Deeshaa etc I was interested in writing a blog of my own. When I thought of writing this blog, Hayek Order was the first name I thought of…….. But for some reason I shifted to PORUL which means WEALTH in Tamil.

Today is 110th birthday of F A Hayek. I was decided to bring back the Hayek Order name. The other reason is that a friend of mine is also famous Tamil libertarian Blogger who is more interested in Hayek’s ideas (several of them already translated) and he always refers my blog as Hayek Order even after I changed my blog title.

It may not be interesting for first time reader of Hayek or this blog but the below lines that energized me to bring back this blog. I hope you will also enjoy the coming posts. But don’t forget to stop and think about the Hayek’s idea such as the below one!

F A Hayek said “Differences in wealth, education, tradition, religion, language or race may today become the cause of differential treatment on the pretext of a pretended principle of social justice or of public necessity. Once such discrimination is recognised as legitimate, all the safeguards of individual freedom of the liberal tradition are gone”

No comments:

Post a Comment