Friday, December 30, 2011

Thanks 2011!

So, the year 2011 is coming to end. I thank you all for being part of this Blog. Your interest in this Blog encourages me a lot to do more. Of course, more justly. The purpose of this particular blog post is to recount and record my publications 2011 both online and printed versions.


For me, this year has not only opened a new window of opportunities but also helped me to communicate with others by writings less (un)known ideas from my readings on Indian liberalism. What I have done in the last 6 or 7 months is a piece of my vast readings. I know it sounds big. Given the vastness of the present day ignorance I have to say that.


First Visit to USA:


I had faced all kinds of problems while I was arranging the necessary things in order. Often I felt helpless and therefore I thought I should give up my try. But many friends and others like minded persons have encouraged me lot to try my level best. They all did not only constantly but quite honestly. I thank all of them.


After I returned from Mises Institute's Austrian Scholars Conference 2011, I got opportunities to write as well as to give lectures on my paper presented in the Conference. My paper was on "Was B R Ambedkar a free market economist?"


Talks and Lectures:


I am very much excited to share with you my talks/lectures. I have written my speeches for all the invited talks and lectures! Among them, the most enjoyed lecture was the one which I addressed 50 plus 2011 LAMP Fellows of PRS. It was one hour lunch on lecture. The following are the talks and lectures list of places I was invited to share the findings of my research on Ambedkar's free market economics:


1. On April 29, 2011 I gave a very brief talk at 'CCS Chintan' organised by The Centre for Civil Society, New Delhi.


2. On May 14, 2011 I gave one hour long lecture (Tamil) in Chennai, organised by The New Horizon Media.


3. On May 29, 2011 I gave brief talk at National Conference on "Shala- India’s National Interest: Towards Shared Visions" in Pune, organised by The Takshashila Institution 


4. I addressed 50 plus 2011 Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) Fellows, on “Some Aspects of Dalit Issues in India” on July 13, 2011, Constitution Club, organised by PRS Legislative Research, Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi


Popular Articles Publication:


The following articles were published in printed versions with large circulation:


1.Ambedkar, the forgotten free-market economist, Pragati: The Indian National Interest Review, April 14, 2011 (available online freely pdf)

2. The Untouchable Case for Indian Capitalism, The Wall Street Journal Asia, May 31, 2011 (available online freely here)


3.Gandhi, the Liberal, Pragati: The Indian National Interest Review, July 2011 (available online freely pdf)


4.Population in the 21st Century-The Ultimate Resource, If Only They are Skilled, The India Economy Review-Great Indian Dream, IIPM Think Tank, August, 2011 (available online freely here)

5.B.R. Shenoy's Forgotten Voice of Dissent (co-authored), Forbes India Magazine, July 29, 2011 (available online freely here)

6. Growth Trends in Services Sector (co-authored), Yojana, Vol.55, September 2011 (Abstract available here)


The following articles were published in popular online run by classical liberal Institutions:


1. India’s Great Free Market Economist, The Ludwig Von Mises Institute, July 5, 2011 USA (available online freely here)


2. Twenty Years of Economic Reforms to the Free Market India (co-authored), published in French Journal, In Eco Veritas, August 31, 2011 (available online freely here)


3.20 years since India’s economic reforms (co-authored), November 28, 2011, The Cobden Centre, UK  (available online freely here)


A token of gratitude:

In general, I wanted to thank in a big way to my friends of classical liberals for their continuous support: Vipin, Nitin Pai, Toby, Harsh Gupta, Raj Cherubal, Abheek, Ghanshyam, Anand, Parth, Chris, Sanjeev Sabhlok, Satya, Satyajit Dey and Dhanu.


Come 2012!


For 2012, I have already penned few equally interesting pieces for publication. Hope all goes well with the time to come and the same I will share with you all in due to time.


Thank you all, 

2 comments: