Anant G Nadkarni writes in ET meaning of just right in companies. The following are paragraphs are from his article which is worthy remembering at least for some reasons.
- “…..at the turn of the century 51 out of the hundred highest revenue-generating institutions in the world were business corporations not nation states!
- In the next three years 51 became seventy-four!
- that the world’s three richest people had personal wealth more than the combined GDP of over 30 poor nations!
- How can one believe now that capitalism can ever become ‘compassionate’, ‘natural’ or ‘transformational’?
- First of all some stunning figures: 20,000 companies in Japan are more than a hundred years old, 1,200 of them more than 200 years, 600 over 300 years, 30 companies 500 and more, five more than a thousand years and one is fourteen hundred years!
- let us not lose sight of the basic purpose of business, service to create well-being, now confronting right in the face of our unchanging ‘self-interest for insatiable personal gain’!“