A friend of mine sent me the following excerpts from 1983 essay (PDF) by Professor Murray Rothbard on M K Gandhi:
- "Gandhi's India, which led t o Mrs. Gandhi's dictatorship and the horrifying experiment in compulsory sterilization" ...... AND ........."The comparative record of non-violent revolutions is, then, worse than that of violent ones, for the violence of the American Revolution after all brought forth a pretty good result, while non-violence has accomplished nothing fruitful at all.
- "Let us not mince words: Mahatma Gandhi was an economic crazy. For Gandhi , not only modern technology but almost any technology was sinful and evil. Railroads were evil, the industrial revolution was evil, cotton textiles were evil, modern medicine was evil, education was evil."
- "It should be clear that the life of Mahatma Gandhi was essentially a scam, from start to finish. Making a big show of his allegedly deeply-held principles, claiming t o make his life and thought a seamless web, he always ended up betraying those principles. H e rode on railways, he fell back repeatedly on Western medicine and surgery, and he continued to "test" his chastity with various females until the end of his life".
- Thus, after the first nationwide pogrom against the Jews in Germany, in December 1938, Gandhi counselled the Jews t o react in a non- violent manner: "if the Jews can summon t o their aid soul-power that comes only from non-violence, Herr Hitler will bow before the courage which he will own is infinitely superior to that shown by his best storm troopers." And after the news of the Holocaust became known, Gandhi, in 1946, counselled retroactively.
- The Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher's knife. They should have thrown themselves into the sea from cliffs . . . It would have roused the world and the people of Germany. (Geoffrey Ashe, Gandhi: A Study in Revolution, London, 1968, p. 341.) Perhaps what the Jews lacked was little Bapu to give them their "training."